BannerFans.com

We are strictly online business. Therefore we do not have any shops, we do not entertain COD. Please read our terms and condition before paying/buying any of our products.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Pixie Cut is IN



hi, i know that its been a while and I'm sorry. I was busy with my son's birthday and in between being sick and tired...but anyway i was sitting and resting while watching TV and E! did some kind of coverage about fashion and hairstyles and they spotted the latest look/makeover. The Pixie cut.

To be honest I'm not a big fan of the Pixie cut but as i briefly scan thru some of my Mag and it seem to be true Pixie is IN....every well it seem that lately many celebs are sporting the cut. We know famous pixies that totally rocking the look Charlize T and Halle Barry (these to superstars can rock any look if you ask me) but then slowly the style is picking up and stars like Katie Holmes and bff Victoria Beckham is sporting the look (well Holmes did a slightly longer and more edgy pixie look) and they pull it off then I'm not sure the time line is but Alissa Milano did the pixie cut and she look slick and stunning. Then we see Natalie Portmen rocking the look well she kindda have to coz she did shave her locks but regardless she looked STUNNING and more out going if you ask me. Then we also have Salma Blair, Mena Suvari, Sharon Stone and even Jamie Lee Curtis...and i think theres a long list of celeb pixies that seem to be blocked in my mind.

But now the more recent Pixie is Ema Wotson. Yeah she chopped off her signature long wavy locks for a Pixie look...I was surprised to see her new look, but i think she look fabulous although I kindda prefer her long locks (call me bias but i love long locks esp if its wavy lol) She chopped of her locks right after finish filming the last Harry Potter.

She says in her FB
"Dear all. Cut my hair off a few days ago... Feels incredible. I love it. I've wanted to do this for years and years; it's the most liberating thing ever. Hope you like. Big love from Emma x"

I guess its true when ever i cut my hair shot that is how i feel too. I cut my hair alot...its rare of me to have LONG hair. Its mainly because i have fine hair and its too much of a hassle for me to deal with it especially when you are a hijab wearer so a short boyish hair or pixie is the way to go although i never went Pixie before coz i have chubby cheeks hahahahaha but anyway its a great look for thick or fine hair and if you have great facial bone structure it'll be even fantastic as it'll show character and people will notice you in an instant!


What is Pixie cut?

A pixie cut refers to a short woman's hairstyle generally short on the back and sides of the head and slightly longer on the top. Women began exploring shorter hairstyles in the 1920s[citation needed] and was widely popular by rebelling women known as flappers. The pixie cut has occasionally been brought into the spotlight, being worn by world famous stars and models such as Alyssa Milano, Natalie Portman, Keira Knightley, Rihanna, Katie Holmes, Agyness Deyn, Mandy Moore, Elisha Cuthbert, Victoria Beckham, Ashley Greene, Lauren Holly, Nena, and, recently, Emma Watson.

Depending on the style, pixies range from as short as a half inch in some places to two or three inches long in others. Pixies are very easy to care for and can be worn casually, or dressed up for special occasions. - source: Wikipedia.














And here is Emma with her new look...i think she look stunning don't you think? but i don't think that i can rock this look though ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment